The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Dioscuri Centre for Metabolic Diseases
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Dioscuri Centre for Metabolic Diseases
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): Recognized researcher (R2)
Field of science: Biology, biomedicine, biochemistry, physiology, metabolism
Type of recruitment: NCN Sonata Bis 10 (Polish National Science Centre grant)
- octoral degree in the field of biology, medicine, biotechnology or related field obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (not including maternity leaves)
- Experience in cell culture, molecular biology and/or biochemistry techniques; expertise in working with mice or other rodents will be in plus;
- Good spoken and written English;
- Very good organizational skills, especially project and time management skills;
- Proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, a collaborative attitude.
- Scientific achievements documented by publications from the JCR list
The position is available within the Sonata Bis 10 project “Strategies to increase the performance of skeletal muscles and brown adipose tissue to combat obesity and related diseases” and can be financed for 40 months by the Polish National Science Center.
The main aim of our laboratory is to understand the cross-talk of different classes of signaling molecules in regulation of metabolic homeostasis. We are especially interested in unraveling novel signaling modules promoting adipose tissue, skeletal muscles and intestine dysfunction during metabolic diseases such as obesity, type 2 diabetes.
In the framework of this proposal, ambitious projects to investigate the impact of kinase-mediated signaling cascades on different aspects of muscle and adipose tissue metabolism using genetic, biochemical, and high-throughput screening approaches are available.
Postdoctoral position is available at the laboratory of dr. Grzegorz Sumara sponsored by the Dioscuri Center of Excellence (supported by the Max Planck Society and the Polish National Science Center) and EMBO Installation Grant.
The laboratory is located at the at the Nencki Institute of Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw, Poland. The Nencki Institute is a leading research institute in Poland focused on different aspects of physiology and neurobiology and offers state-of-the-art research facilities and a vibrant, international scientific community: https://www.nencki.edu.pl/
- Type of contract: Full-time work contract
- Duration of contract: initially for one year, with an intended extension, depending on the performance, for up to 40 months
- Position starts on: 01.09.2023 or later (the starting date is negotiable)
- Work in a multidisciplinary, international team, in a very dynamic organization, with multiple opportunities for professional development, participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
- Administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel.
Application procedure and deadline:
A SINGLE PDF file composed of:
- Motivation letter stating research interests and scientific achievements;
- CV including the list of publications
- Contact details to at least 2 referees (including Ph.D. supervisor)
- Copy of the PhD diploma
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees:
The documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the subject include "Postdoc GS:" and your first and last name.
The deadline is 20.07.2023.
Only selected candidates will be invited for a scientific interview, to demonstrate their achievements and present their own research interests.
Contact information: email@example.com
Link to website: https://www.nencki.edu.pl/laboratories/dioscuri-center-for-metabolic-diseases/
Personal information protection clauses to be included in application documents;
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for the Postdoctoral Researcher position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org..pl
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for the Postdoctoral Researcher position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.12.2023.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).