Number of vacancies: 1
Place of employment: Warsaw
Researcher professional profile (R1-R4): R2
Field of study (e.g. biology): biology
Type and nature of recruitment (e.g. NCN Sonata, NCBiR, etc.): OPUS - NZ
- PhD in biology or related sciences;
- documented research experience in molecular biology and/or biochemistry;
- fluent English;
- ability to think logically and critically;
- ability to independently direct experimental efforts;
- previous training in microscopy techniques (confocal microscopy, TEM) and mammalian cell culture would be an asset
Scope of tasks:
Laboratory of Cytoskeleton and Cilia Biology at Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Warsaw, Poland has an opening for a post-doc position with the following project: “Radial spoke RS3, its protein composition and role in cilia beating”. The aim of the project is to identify the proteins that are subunits of the ciliary macrocomplex, radial spoke 3, and to understand the role of RS3 in the molecular mechanisms that regulate cilia motility using ciliate Tetrahymena and mammalian ciliated cells in model systems. The successful applicant will implement this project in collaboration with other team members. The scope of tasks will include experiment planning, mutant cell generation, biochemical and microscopic analysis and data analysis.
Full time position (employment agreement) for 36 months with a gross annual salary of PLN 5 000 gross/month; planned start date: April 2018 (flexible)
Application submission procedure: 2018-03-15
Offers ought to be submitted electronically to email@example.com
Please send your applications with the term “post-doc position” in the e-mail subject line. Selected candidates will be invited to an interview (live or Skype). Your application must include (preferred Word or PDF format):
1) cover letter;
2) scientific CV including your personal data, educational background, research experience, key achievements, list of publications (please describe shortly (3-4 sentences) your contribution);
3) contact details of two referees and four reference letters;
4) scan of your PhD certificate or your master’s degree certificate with a statement about the anticipated date of PhD thesis defence.
Please include the following clause in your CV: “I hereby consent to processing the personal information included in my offer for the purposes of the recruitment conducted by the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Warsaw pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act of August 29, 1997 (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2004 Item 1182, 1662).”
Please be advised that the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Warsaw, mailing address: ul. Pasteura 3, is the administrator of said personal information. Personal information is gathered for the purposes of the recruitment process. You have the right to access and correct the provided personal information. Providing the personal information referred to in the Labour Code Act of June 26, 1974 and in secondary legislation is mandatory. Providing additional personal information is voluntary.
The best-performing candidates of those meeting the criteria specified in the job advertisement will be invited to an interview with the recruitment commission. We retain the right to invite selected candidates to the interview.
The recruitment results will be published on the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences website.