6 Cs will be a forum for mentorship and integration primarily for PhD students/
early post-docs (but open to academicians at any level). The scope of our activities
- Curiosity: Activities targeted at building critical skills, out-of-the-box solutions for prevalent problems (e.g., hackathons)
- Compassion: Activities involving community out-reach, using science to promote peace-building, human rights etc.
- Communication: Training for effective scientific communication in academic and non-academic settings (social-media, magazines etc.)
- Credibility: Mentorship for good research practices and training for peer-review (how to identify p-hacking, HARKing etc.)
- Creativity: Initiatives at the interface of Science and Humanities (e.g., Neuroscience of Laughter Meditation)
- Collaboration: Training for leadership, conflict resolution, improving work-place
How to tackle stress when you signed up for a stressful job? Deadlines? Conflicts? Failures? Troubleshooting? Got scooped? Integration? Publish or perish? Lack of funds? Future? Academia or Industry? Self pressure? Busy supervisor? Low salary? Working during COVID?
Join us at Stress Relaxation for PhD Students and Postdocs (Part 1), a 6Cs Webinar co-organized by TREND Lab and the PhD Student Council at Nencki as part of a series of virtual seminars to find an answer to these and other questions related to your mental health.
When: Friday, April 30th, 15:00-16:30 (Central European Summer Time)
Where: Zoom webinar
Registration link: Click here
Dr. Ali Jawaid
Dr. Paulina Danielak (@paulinadanielak.psycholog)
Psychologist and Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapist specialized in Sports Psychology, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Defusion among many others. Digital mental health advocate
Leadership coach and co-founder of Examiz – a software lab for team & personality analytics to build high-performance teams that is now successfully implemented by the city administration of Zurich, Switzerland.
Dr. Sana Omar Askari
Medical doctor, health-care manager and co-founder of Nornway, a platform that promotes holistic well-being through healthy and stress-free lifestyles.
Want to know more about the 6 Cs initiative and be a part of it? Click here or contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing you at the webinar!
|Dr. Ali Jawaid
Head of Translational REsearch in Neuropsychiatric Disorders (TREND)
PhD student at Laboratory of Molecular Basis of Cell Motility
PhD Student at the Laboratory of Neurobiology
PhD Student at the Laboratory of Brain Imaging
PhD Student at the Laboratory of Neuronal Plasticity