The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Dioscuri Centre of Chromatin Biology and Epigenomic
Researcher career profiles: R2
Field of science: Biology
Type of recruitment: NCN grant
Dioscuri Centre for Chromatin Biology and Epigenomics at the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw,
is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate to work at the interface of stem cell biology, epigenomics, and bioinformatics.
Candidates should hold a PhD in molecular biology or genetics. We require independence and excellent work organization skills, a creative approach to research problems, team collaboration skills and motivation. Experience in laboratory work is necessary.
We offer a vibrant, highly collaborative, and stimulating environment for scientific growth. Our well-funded laboratory (see our Lab Website) employs "omics" technologies to understand the bases of cell identity.
Scope of tasks:
The postdoctoral investigator will take advantage of cutting-edge molecular and cell biology techniques, including ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, Hi-C, CRISPR-Cas9 and confocal microscopy to assess the interplay between the three dimensional structure of chromatin and the regulation of gene expression . The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to expand skills in the field of bioinformatics and quantitative biology.
Application procedure and deadline:
Closing date for applications: 23.12.2022
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with note: “Postdoc Dioscuri AP”
- type of contract: full-time,
- commencement of employment: January 2023.
- Recent CV, including publication list,
- Copy of the Ph.D. diploma,
- Cover letter briefly describing previous research, scientific interests, future goals and why the candidate thinks s/he would be a fit in the lab,
- Copy of the candidate's best paper with a brief description (5-7 sentences) of the candidate's contribution to this work and why the candidate chose this article,
- Names and contact information for three references.
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Link to website: https://pekowskalab.nencki.edu.pl/
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for postdoc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS. Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.03.2023.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party. You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).