The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Research technician in the Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): R1
Field of science: Biology
Type of recruitment: consortium project ERA-NET TransCan3
We seek a highly motivated and enthusiastic Researcher for a position in the consortium project ERA-NET TransCan3: “Invigorating immunity against brain metastases in lung and breast cancer patients” carried out at the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences. The exciting interdisciplinary project will be carried out in a collaboration with Dr. Martina Seifert, German Cancer Research Center, Christel Herold-Mende, University of Heidelberg, Neta Erez, Tel Aviv University, Manuela Zucknick, University of Oslo. The international consortium will perform an interdisciplinary research on primary tumor tissues and in vitro model systems such as patient-derived organoids (PDO) and in syngeneic mouse models of brain metastasis. The study will be carried out in the Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology (https://kaminska-lab.edu.pl).
Key responsibilities include:
- Biochemical and molecular studies of patient-derived cell cultures, their pharmacological manipulation in different settings
- Execute, analyze, and interpret experiments based glioma cell cultures, develop patient-derived cultures, perform CRISPRCas9 editing, flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry on animal and human tumor sections.
- Attending team meetings to share results
- Preparing figures and writing scientific papers for leading journals
- Master degree in biotechnology, biology, biomedicine, veterinary medicine, genomics, or related discipline
- Knowledge and expertise with tumor cell cultures, development of patient-derived cultures, CRISPRCas9 editing, flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry required. Expertise in RNaseq and single-cell omics is appreciated.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Job type: Full-time employment, Type of contract: temporary, Hours Per Week: 40
Salary: net salary about 4300 PLN per month
Position starts on: 2.01.2023
Maximum planned period of contract/stipend agreement: 14-month full time work contract.
- scientific curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements (scholarships, publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.).
- motivation letter
- minimum one recommendation letter
- The incomplete applications will be not considered.
- The results of the competition are made public.
- If the top candidate does not sign the contract, due to the resignation, we reserve the right to choose the second-best candidate.
Application procedure and deadline:
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with note “Technician consortium project ERA-NET TransCan3”.
Application deadline: 30.12.2022 16:00
Job start date: January 2, 2023.
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for Research technician position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS. Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.05.2023.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party. You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).