Laboratory of Signal Transduction: Full-time post-doc
A position funded by the National Science Centre of Poland under project Opus: “Post-translational mechanisms of regulation of the activity of transcription factors from the Grainyhead-like (GRHL) family in the context of human cancer” led by Dr. Tomasz Wilanowski – this is a research position and does not involve teaching duties. Studies conducted by us and other research teams have proven that all the proteins from the GRHL family are important in the formation and development of various types of cancer in humans and in animal models. They serve protective functions against cancer of the skin, breast, stomach, liver and other organs. The activity of these transcription factors is regulated both at the stage of their expression as well as post-translationally - by phosphorylation and other post-translational modifications. Our preliminary results indicate that phosphorylation of at least one of the GRHL proteins is crucial for its anti-tumorigenic activity. The aim of this project is to investigate which kinases/signal transduction pathways are responsible for the regulation of phosphorylation of transcription factors from the GRHL family and what is the significance of phosphorylation for anti-oncogenic functions of these proteins. More information about scientific details may be obtained directly from the project leader
The candidate should meet the following criteria:
1. Hold a PhD degree in Life Sciences or related discipline, awarded no more than 5 years before applying. This period does not include the maternity or parental leave, additional maternity leave, additional leave under the terms of maternity leave or paternity leave, parental leave and parental leave granted under the terms of the Labor Law.
2. Experience in the fields of molecular biology or biochemistry. Knowledge of methods of analysis of protein phosphorylation and/or other post-translational modifications of proteins would be an additional advantage.
3. Outstanding scientific record documented by the publication list.
4. Be highly motivated towards scientific work as evidenced by scientific activity thus far (participation in conferences and courses, scholarships, grants, patents, prizes, awards, scientific collaboration, participation in scientific exchange with other institutions, etc.) and opinions of scientific supervisors.
5. Fluency in English.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- cover letter addressed to the Director of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology,
- scientific curriculum vitae with a list of publications and other achievements,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- opinions about the candidate issued by two independent researchers,
- contact information.
The results of the competition will be made known no later than four months from the date of this announcement.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23.06.2014
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources and Recruitment
Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology
3 Pasteur St., 02-093 Warsaw, Poland