The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Laboratory of Mitochondrial Biology and Metabolism
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, PAS, Laboratory of Mitochondrial Biology and Metabolism
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): R2
Field of science: Biology
Type of recruitment: NCN OPUS-LAP
- Doctoral degree in the field of molecular biology, biochemistry, or biotechnology, obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (not including maternity leaves).
- Experience in laboratory work in biochemistry or molecular biology field.
- An important criterion in the selection will also be experience in work with laboratory animals.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Scientific achievements documented by publications from the JCR list.
- Teamwork skills.
- High motivation for experimental work. It is expected that during the period of employment at the Institute, Post-doc will not undertake any other work.
Scope of tasks:
The main aim of the project (The role of impaired autophagy and peroxisome function in NAFLD development and their targeted recovery for improved efficacy of n-3 fatty acids) is better understanding the exact role of autophagy in the progression of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). We plan to investigate whether strategies to stimulate/activate autophagy and proper peroxisomal function could prevent/reverse the development of NAFLD while improving the efficacy of n-3 PUFA supplementation.
The tasks will include characterization of autophagy, mitochondrial metabolism, bioenergetics, ROS production, the status of the antioxidant defense system in cellular models of steatosis. Moreover, an established model of human-like, obesity-associated exacerbated NAFLD mice model will be used to investigate whether autophagy stimulation in vivo may be a strategy to reduce hepatic damage at different time-points of NAFLD development and its progression to NASH.
This is a research position and does not include teaching.
Summary of the project: https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/listy-rankingowe/2021-09-15okipi34a/streszczenia/536516-en.pdf
Further information can be obtained by contacting prof. Mariusz Więckowski (email@example.com).
See our Lab Websites: https://wieckowski-mitolab.nencki.edu.pl/
An employment contract for a period of 36 months within the frame of the NCN OPUS-LAP project; post-doc position;
Monthly salary ~8 200 PLN gross (~6000 PLN net)
The starting date: July – October 2023
Application procedure and deadline:
Closing date for applications: June 15th, 2023
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. with a note „Postdoc MitoLab”.
- CV along with a list of publications
- Summary of the doctoral thesis
- Copy of PhD diploma (or equivalent)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- The list of techniques and methods that the applicant if familiar with
- The candidate's statement that she/he is not financed from other projects of the National Science Center
- Declaration that the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology will be the primary place of employment.
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
From those who meet the criteria set out in the announcement, the best candidates will be invited for the interview with recruitment committee. We reserve the right to invite only selected applicants for the interview.
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for Postdoctoral Researcher position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for Postdoctoral Researcher position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organisation and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31 October 2023.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection or to the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data).