The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Laboratory of Neuroinformatics
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): R2/R3
Field of science: Neurophysiology
Type of recruitment: OPUS21 “Integration of sensory and cortical input in the generation of ketamine-dependent high frequency oscillations in rodents.”
- PhD degree in a neuroscience, or related, field.
- Strong motivation, interest and creativity.
- Ideally, experience working with rodent in vivo electrophysiology.
- Ideally, ability to carry out advanced signal processing, coding/script writing for data analyses.
- Good spoken and written English.
Subanesthetic doses of ketamine are used to treat depression and to model certain features of schizophrenia. Ketamine, and other NMDA receptor antagonists, are known to alter oscillatory activity in the brain of humans and rodents, however how ketamine produces its effects are unclear. We have published a series of studies attempting to understand ketamine-enhanced high-frequency oscillations (around 150 Hz). Our recent work has shown that the olfactory bulb is an important region generating this rhythm. This project will use silicon probe recordings, and other techniques to better understand the nature of this rhythm.
Scope of tasks:
- Examine changes in brain activity induced by ketamine injection using silicon probe recordings in rats
- Develop existing lines of in vivo electrophysiology research
- Develop methods for signal processing and advanced data analyses
- type of contract: Full time NCN OPUS21
- duration of contract: 3 years
- Monthly salary 8 300 PLN gross (~6000 PLN net)
- position starts on: January 2023
Application procedure and deadline
Required documents (CV, scientific achievements, cover letter, diplomas, employment certificates, certificates, credentials):
- Letter of motivation
- PhD certificate
- Emails for two referees
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
The documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a note “postdoc MH”, the deadline is 30.10.2022.
The selected candidates may be invited for a scientific interview, to demonstrate her/his scientific achievements.
Contact information: email@example.com
Link to website: https://neuroinflab.wordpress.com/
Personal information protection clauses to be included in application documents;
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for Postdoctoral Researcher position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.03.2023.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).