The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Laboratory of Neurobiology
Place of work: Laboratory of Neurobiology, Nencki Institute
Researcher career profiles: R2
Field of science: Biology
Type of recruitment: NCN grant
- Postdoctoral candidates should hold a PhD degree in one of the following fields: neuroscience, cell biology, molecular biology, physics, medicine or similar.
- We require excellent work organization skills, a creative approach to research problems, team collaboration skills and motivation.
- Experience in laboratory work is necessary.
Project description and the scope of tasks:
This is the NCN-funded project on understanding molecular mechanisms of synaptic plasticity. The technical approach involves photo-uncaging of neurotransmitter Glutamate to activate individual excitatory synapse to increase its size and efficacy. We are particularly interested in a role played in this phenomenon by MMP-9, extracellular matrix metalloproteinase.
Type of contract: full-time employment contract.
We offer a vibrant, highly collaborative, and stimulating environment for scientific growth.
Find out more about our laboratory, projects, and members at our website: http://neurogene2.nencki.gov.pl.
Application procedure and deadline
- Recent CV, including publication list,
- Copy of the Ph.D. diploma,
- Cover letter briefly describing previous research, scientific interests, future goals and why the candidate thinks s/he would be a fit in the lab,
- Copy of the candidate's best paper with a brief description (5-7 sentences) of the candidate's contribution to this work and why the candidate chose this article.
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with note: “Postdoc Lab Neurobiology” till the Feb. 25, 2023.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to website: http://neurogene2.nencki.gov.pl
Personal information protection clauses to be included in application documents;
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for postdoc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 30.11.2023.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).