The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher in the Laboratory of Host-Microbiota Interactions
Place of work: Laboratory of Host-Microbe Interactions, Nencki Institute
Researcher career profiles: R2 Field of science: Neuroscience, Immunology, Microbiome
Type of recruitment: NCN OPUS-21
- D. degree in a relevant field
- Research experience in the field of neuroscience, immunology or microbiome
- Extensive training in animal experimentation (especially mouse models of neuroinflammation)
- Excellent skills in cell culture and flow cytometry
- The ability to analyze RNA-seq data (R/Python)
- Enthusiasm and passion for research
Project description and the scope of tasks:
You will explore the therapeutic potential of the gut microbiome in the context of multiple sclerosis (MS). You will screen candidate therapeutics using in vitro methods, validate them in a mouse model of MS, and decipher their mechanisms of action via RNA sequencing. In addition to performing experiments, you will develop new directions for the project, train/supervise junior staff members, and write manuscripts. We offer a fun and dynamic work environment that will prepare you to become a fully independent researcher. A competitive net salary ca. 6'000 PLN /month is offered, as well as a medical care package and social benefits.
- type of contract: full-time employment contract
- net monthly remuneration: approx. 6000 PLN/month
- duration of contract: 3 years (1 year probation period)
- the starting date: negotiable, earliest 1st March 2023
Application procedure and deadline
- CV with a publication list
- Copy of a Ph.D. diploma
- Cover letter
- Contact details for 2 academic referees
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
The documents should be sent to email@example.com with note “Postdoc OPUS21 TW”, the deadline is 28.02.2023 or until the position is filled
The selected candidates may be invited for a scientific interview, to demonstrate her/his scientific achievements.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to website: www.nencki.edu.pl
Personal information protection clauses to be included in application documents;
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for postdoc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 30.11.2023.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).