The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences
Researcher career profiles R2/R3
Field of science: life sciences, biomedical sciences
Type of recruitment: National Science Centre OPUS grant
We are seeking for highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to study:
Novel personalized therapeutic strategy for myeloid leukemias with PTPN11 mutations.
- High motivation, passion and creativity
- Strong interest in development of novel anti-cancer therapies, cancer/leukemia biology / immunology and application of advanced multi-disciplinary methodology in biomedical research
- Doctoral degree in biological, biomedical, medical sciences, obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (not including maternity leaves).
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration
- Experience within the areas related to the project, documented by a publication record
- An advantage will be expertize in PDX/Xenograft/syngenic mouse models, immunology, cytometry, bioinformatics
- Solid knowledge and scientific achievements documented by publications in journals from the JCR list
- Two recommendation letters
- Fluent English
Scope of tasks:
Recruted postdoctoral researcher will be involved in realization of the National Science Centre OPUS grant: Verification of personalized therapeutic strategy based on Integrated Stress Response inhibition for myeloid neoplasms with PTPN11 mutations.
Our project addresses major needs to develop novel therapies for myeloid malignancies (CML/AML) carrying PTPN11 mutations, characterized by high resistance and bad clinical outcomes. The proposed strategy is based on the idea of personalized therapies designed for selected patients identified by genetic screen and specific combined treatment that targets key prosurvival and proleukemic signaling elements. Myeloid neoplasms, especially highly heterogeneous Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), represent the most common types of leukemia in adults. Very little improvement in survival has been achieved over the past decades. Previously we have identified prosurvival signaling which can be a novel potential target for effective therapy of resistance leukemia. Using advanced methodology including syngenic leukemia mouse model, PDX mouse models, immunosupression and immune cells subsets analysis by sc-RNAseq, sc-multiparameter (25-30 parameters) spectral polychromatic cytometry with unsupervised data analysis, as well as signal transduction and cell biology and in vivo/ in vitro bioimaging studies, we focus on verification off effectiveness of the proposed therapeutic strategy on eradication of resistant cells, analysis of cell signaling, leukemia microenvironment, immune system and leukemia development. Studies will include national and international collaborations.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Katarzyna Piwocka firstname.lastname@example.org
- type of contract: full-time employment contract
- duration of contract: 3-max. 3.5 years (after trial period)
Application procedure and deadline:
Closing date for applications: 28.02.2023
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with note “postdoc OPUS KP” in the email title or directly to Katarzyna Piwocka
- Work in a young, science-driven multidisciplinary team in an excellent scientific environment
- Access to the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. The laboratory is located at the Nencki Institute of Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw, Poland, which offers a vibrant, international scientific community: https://www.nencki.edu.pl/; https://piwocka-lab.nencki.edu.pl/
- Collaboration with scientific, medical and R&D institutions
- International collaboration and external visits and trainings abroad
- Participation in courses and conferences
- CV with description of professional experience and list of publications
- Contact information for 3 persons who can provide references /3 references
- Copy of PhD diploma (or equivalent)
- Contact information, including e-mail address and phone number
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professionalpurposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
Please include the following clause in your CV:
“I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for postdoctoral position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).”
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organisation and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.05.2023
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).