The Laboratory of Psychophysiology, at the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology (Warsaw, Poland) is seeking 1 postdoctoral fellow for a minimum commitment of 4 years. The project is funded by the National Science Centre grant, “Maestro” – PI: Prof. Anna Grabowska.
The main objective of the project is to define the etiology of developmental dyslexia by studding the relationship between a variety of deficits known to contribute to reading disorder at three levels of analysis: behavioral, cognitive and neuronal.
- background in neuroimaging
- ambitious and highly motivated for pursuing a career in science
- PhD in neuroimaging, computational neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience or equivalent obtained up to 5 years before application
- strong background and interest in neuroscience, psychology and MRI analysis and statistics
- excellent publication record
- programming and advanced data analyses skills are appreciated
- knowledge of Polish is desirable
Candidates with a strong interest in and experience with methods for integrating multimodal imaging measures, including quantitative structural MRI and functional MRI as well as longitudinal data analysis are in particular encouraged to apply.
The position is based at Laboratory of Psychophysiology (http://pslab.nencki.gov.pl) in collaboration with Laboratory of Brain Imagining (LOBI, http://lobi.nencki.gov.pl), Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology in Warsaw (http://www.nencki.gov.pl/). LOBI provides state-of-the-art facilities with a fully research-dedicated 3 Tesla MRI Siemens Trio machine, well-established infrastructure for neurophysiological testing (electro-encephalography, transcranial magnetic stimulation and eye-tracker).
The project offers a stimulating, young environment. We are currently collaborating with:
- Laboratoire de Sciences Cognitives et Psycho Linguistiques, ENS, France – Dr F. Ramus
- Haskins Laboratories, New Haven, US - Prof. K. Pugh
- Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, RWTH Aachen University, Germany – Dr S. Heim
- Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Salzburg, Austria – Dr F. Richlan
- Department of Educational Neuroscience, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Prof. N. van Atteveldt
- Institute of Radioelectronics, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland – Prof. P. Bogorodzki
Starting date: October 2015
Application deadline: 31st August 2015
please send a CV including list of publications and other achievements, PhD diploma (or equivalent document), letter of motivation addressed to the Director of the Nencki Institute) and three references
Dział Spraw Pracowniczych i Rekrutacji
Instytut Biologii Doświadczalnej im. M. Nenckiego PAN
Ul. Pasteura 3, 02-093 Warszawa
and an e-mail copy to:
dr Katarzyna Jednorog k.jednorog[at]nencki.gov.pl