In accordance with § 4 p. 3 and § 6 of the Minister of Science and Higher Education Directive of 22nd November, 2010 on the competition for the post of director of scientific institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences (Dz.U nr 233, poz. 1530), the Competition Committee appointed by the Board of Curators of Division Two: Biological and Agricultural Sciences PAS opens recruitment for the post of director of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS in Warsaw of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw for a 4-year term starting on 1st January, 2018
This two-stage competition consists of:
1. formal evaluation of submissions to the competition and evaluation of scientific and professional qualifications of the candidates based on documents provided;
2. evaluation of the knowledge and candidate’s predisposition to manage an institute conducted during an interview.
The candidate for the post of director of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS may be the person who:
1. holds at least a doctoral degree of biological or related sciences and Significant scientific achievements in biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, cell biology, neurophysiology, neurobiology, neuropsychology, ethology, behavioral science, bioinformatics or neuroinformatics.;
2. has experience in science management;
3. has not been convicted by a legally binding verdict for an intentional criminal offence or a tax offence;
4. holds full public rights.
A VALID SUBMISSION BY A CANDIDATE SHALL INCLUDE:
1. development plan for the functioning of the Institute prepared by the candidate in the form of a multimedia presentation submitted on an electronic device;
2. information on the candidate’s professional employment to date, including job description, positions held, term of duration, number of subordinate employees, list of professional achievements, titles and scientific degrees held, submitted in writing in two copies as well as on an electronic device;
3. certified true copies of supporting documents:
a) the course of professional employment;
b) held scientific titles or degree;
4. statement that from the moment of accepting the position of the director of Institute, the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS will constitute the candidate’s primary and full time employment;
5. statement on holding full public rights;
6. certificate of no conviction of an intentional offence or a tax offence;
7. statement as referred to in Art. 7 section 1 of the Act of 18 October, 2006 on disclosing information from documents of the state secret police from the years 1944 – 1990 and the content of these documents (Dz.U. z 2013 r. poz. 1388 and z 2016 r. poz. 178 i 749);
8. copy of personal ID signed for conformity to the original or a different identification document,
9. consent for processing of personal data as part of the proceedings in the competition for the post of director, in accordance with the Act of 29 August, 1997 on the protection of personal data (Dz.U. 2016 r. poz. 922).
Documents (in Polish*) must be submitted by post (in two copies) to the following address: Division Two: Biological and Agricultural Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences, 00-901 Warsaw, Plac Defilad 1 (tel: 22 182 60 20, fax: 22 182 70 52) marked on the envelope: Competition for the post of director of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS or brought in person to the following address: Division Two: Biological and Agricultural Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences, 00-901 Warsaw, The Palace of Culture and Science, room 2112 (21 floor) between 9.00 and 16.00.
Candidates will be informed in writing regarding subsequent stages of the competition.
Information regarding the functioning and activities of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS are available on the web page http://www.nencki.gov.pl/
An announcement was/will be published on 6th September, 2017.
Submissions are accepted for 30 days counted from the day following the day of the competition's announcement. The deadline is October 6th, 2017. The date of receipt of the application is the date of filing..
* In the case of documents in a foreign language, they should be accompanied by a translation prepared by a sworn translator.